With the winter months upon us, sometimes our houses can seem dark and gloomy due to the lack of sunshine. But while it may be cold and blustery outside, you home can still be bright and cheery on the inside!
- Use indoor flowering houseplants- pointsettas, African violets, cyclamen, and orchids are good choices.
- Placing mirrors opposite a window will make the room appear larger and reflect light.
- Use incandescent lightbulbs to create a warm glow, or use incandescent combined with halogen to simulate daylight. Nothing is more inviting on a dark, blustery day than a fire crackling in the fireplace.
- The flickering flame of candles serve a dual purpose– they appeal to both sight and smell! However, it isn’t always practical or safe to burn candles. There are several wickless/flameless varieties out there that can create the same affect.
- Decorate with white. The color white gives things a “fresher” feel, and doesn’t have to be limited to paint! Try a white picture frame, decorative bowl, and even white flowers.